express DWDM Multiplexer
Maximum Throughput over Fiber Optic
The flexible express DWDMDWDM
(Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing)
A method of transmitting many connections parallel over one fiber optic line.
Transmission works over different wavelengths (colors) on the same fiber, which
More .../OADM concept allows making the optimum use of your current fiber optic infrastructure in an ideal way.
Using the highly-effective Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM) technique, it will transmit more than 40 connections of different standards, data rates or protocols over one common fiber optic link. In conjunction with modern transceivers, data rates of up to 10 Gbit/s per channel are available.
The cascadability of the express DWDM system allows an individual and modular construction of your passive fiber optic infrastructure: one DWDM multiplexer connects up to 16 channels over a point-to-point bus, while you can drop and insert channels or build an optical add-and-drop DWDM ring with the complementary DWDM drop/pass and drop/insert units.
The express DWDM system also supports extending an existing CWDM application. When connecting express DWDM multiplexers to two of the CWDM channels, 16 additional DWDM channels can be supplied.
Due to its purely passive technology, the express DWDM series is well-prepared for building a fail-safe and maintenance-free backbone architecture.
- Passive CWDM multiplexers with 4, 8, or 16 channel
- Passive CWDM drop/pass units with 1, 2, 4, 8, or 16 channels
- Passive CWDM drop/insert units with 1, 2, or 4 channels
- Up to 10 Gbit/s per channel
- Compliant to ITU-T G.694.1 DWDM standard, 100GHz Grid
- Easy integration of new services over existing fiber optic lines
- Metro distance, up to 80 km
- Fully transparent to all data rates and protocols
- Entirely passive device, no power supply needed
- Enterprises and Carriers/Telcos with Fiber Infrastructure
- Access to Additional Applications via Existing Links
- Adding of more Channels to existing CWDM Lines
- Cost-Effective Transmission of High Data Volumes
- Ideal Solution for Metro-Core, Metro-Access and Enterprises
- DWDM Channels
1/2/4/8/16 Single-mode Duplex LC Connector,
Max. 10 Gbit/s, Channel Separation 100GHz
Supports ITU-T G.694.1
- Network/ Network-West/ Network-East Port
Single-mode Duplex LC-Connector
- Power Supply
- Not Needed
- 19" 1HU, Depth 260 mm
- Temperature 0-60°C, Humidity max. 90%, Non-condensing
|Order ID||Device name||Channels||Network|
|YYYY.YY = The device's DWDM start channel in nm according to ITU-T G.694.1 (100GHz Grid).|
Available Wavelengths are 1528.77 - 1563.86nm.
See also the DWDM-Wavelength Overview.
Other DWDM multiplexers are available on request.
|G5516-YYYY.YY-100||express DWDM 5516||16||1x Netzwerk|
|G5508-YYYY.YY-100||express DWDM 5508||8||1x Netzwerk|
|G5504-YYYY.YY-100||express DWDM 5504||4||1x Netzwerk|
|DWDM Drop/Pass Unit|
|G5616-YYYY.YY-100||express DWDM 5616||16x Drop||1x East, 1x West|
|G5608-YYYY.YY-100||express DWDM 5608||8x Drop||1x East, 1x West|
|G5604-YYYY.YY-100||express DWDM 5604||4x Drop||1x East, 1x West|
|G5602-YYYY.YY-100||express DWDM 5602||2x Drop||1x East, 1x West|
|G5601-YYYY.YY-100||express DWDM 5601||1x Drop||1x East, 1x West|
|DWDM Drop/Insert Unit|
|G5704-YYYY.YY-100||express DWDM 5704||4x Drop, 4x Insert||1x East, 1x West|
|G5702-YYYY.YY-100||express DWDM 5702||2x Drop, 2x Insert||1x East, 1x West|
|G5701-YYYY.YY-100||express DWDM 5701||1x Drop, 1x Insert||1x East, 1x West|