express CWDM MultiplexerMore Bandwidth over Fiber Optics
The flexible express CWDM/OADM concept provides the ideal enhancement for your current fiber optic infrastructure.
Using the cost-effective but effectual Coarse Wavelength Division Multiplexing (CWDM)CWDM
(Coarse Wavelength Division Multiplexing)
A method of transmitting several connections parallel over one fiber optic line.
Transmission works over different wavelengths (colors) on the same fiber
More ... technique, it will transmit up to 16 connections of different standards, data rates or protocols over one single fiber optic link.
ESCON, ATM, Fiber Channel, Gigabit Ethernet are supported simultaneously, without disturbing each other.
The express CWDM system can also be cascaded: Start with e.g. 4 channels and use the extension port later to access additional applications when needed. Up to 16 channels can be transported this way without extending the fiber optical infratructure cabling. Even more channels can be utilized through cascading with an express DWDM multiplexer.
Due to its purely passive technology, the express CWDM series is well-prepared for building a fail-safe and maintenance-free backbone architecture.
The new express CWDM single-fiber concept in this series is especially made for the situation that only a single fiber is available for transmitting the demanded applications.
This new technology utilizes two adjacent wavelengths for connecting each one data channel bidirectional over one fiber optic line. A matching pair of multiplexers allows the point-to-point transmission of four data channels in both directions.
- With our complementary express OADM components you can drop single channels from a CWDM bus or build optical add-and-drop rings in a flexible way.
- SFP oder SFP+ modules that are capable of actively generating CWDM channel wavelengths.
- If more than 16 channels are demanded, we recommend our express DWDM family.
- Accessories: An assortment of fiber optic patch cables.
- Passive CWDM multiplexer with 4, 8 or 16 channels
- Optional extension and cascading ports for network upgrade or add-and-drop
- Up to 10 Gbit/s per channel
- Compliant to ITU-T G.694.2 CWDM standard
- Easy integration of new services over existing fiber optic lines
- Low-cost transceivers applicable, existing equipment can still be used
- Metro distance, up to 80 km
- Fully transparent to all data rates and protocols
- Entirely passive device, no power supply needed
- Enterprises and Carriers/Telcos with Fiber Infrastructure
- Access to Additional Applications via Existing Links
- ATM, Escon, Fiber-Channel, Giga-Ethernet Simultaneously
- Cost-Effective Transmission of High Data Volumes
- Ideal Solution for Metro-Core, Metro-Access and Enterprises
- CWDM Channels
4/8/16 Duplex LC Connector, Max. 10 Gbit/s, Channel Separation 20 nm
Supports ITU-T G.694.2
- Extension-Port (express 5104/5108 only):
Optional Broadband Express Port for one more express 5104/5108 (8 consecutive Channels)
- Cascading-Port (express 5104 only):
Optional Cascading Port for one more express 5104 (4 consecutive Channels)
- CWDM Network Port
- 1 Duplex LC Connector
- Power Supply
- Not Needed
- 19" 1HU, Depth 260 mm
- Temperature 0-60°C, Humidity max. 90%, Non-condensing
|Order Code||Channels||Wavelengths||Special Ports|
|Y = 0: Basisgerät|
Y = C: mit Cascading Kanal
Y = E: mit Extension Kanal
Y = EC: mit Cascading und Extension Kanal
|Devices with 4 Channels, Basis 1271nm|
|GS5104-1271-0||4||1271, 1291, 1311, 1331nm||-|
|GS5104-1271-E||4||1271, 1291, 1311, 1331nm||Extension Port 1471nm|
|GS5104-1271-C||4||1271, 1291, 1311, 1331nm||Cascading Port 1351nm|
|GS5104-1271-EC||4||1271, 1291, 1311, 1331nm||Extension Port 1471nm, Cascading Port 1351nm|
|Devices with 4 Channels, Basis 1351nm|
|GS5104-1351-0||4||1351, 1371, 1431, 1451nm||-|
|GS5104-1351-E||4||1351, 1371, 1431, 1451nm||Extension Port 1471nm|
|GS5104-1351-C||4||1351, 1371, 1431, 1451nm||Cascading Port 1271nm|
|GS5104-1351-EC||4||1351, 1371, 1431, 1451nm||Extension Port 1471nm, Cascading Port 1271nm|
|Devices with 4 Channels, Basis 1471nm|
|GS5104-1471-0||4||1471, 1491, 1511, 1531nm||-|
|GS5104-1471-E||4||1471, 1491, 1511, 1531nm||Extension Port 1271nm|
|GS5104-1471-C||4||1471, 1491, 1511, 1531nm||Cascading Port 1551nm|
|GS5104-1471-EC||4||1471, 1491, 1511, 1531nm||Extension Port 1271nm, Cascading Port 1551nm|
|GS5104-1471-EW||4||1471, 1491, 1511, 1611nm||Extension Port 1271-1451nm, Cascading Port 1531-1591nm|
|Devices with 4 Channels, Basis 1551nm|
|GS5104-1551-0||4||1551, 1571, 1591, 1611nm||-|
|GS5104-1551-E||4||1551, 1571, 1591, 1611nm||Extension Port 1271nm|
|GS5104-1551-C||4||1551, 1571, 1591, 1611nm||Cascading Port 1471nm|
|GS5104-1551-EC||4||1551, 1571, 1591, 1611nm||Extension Port 1271nm, Cascading Port 1471nm|
|Devices with 8 Channels, Basis 1271nm|
|GS5108-1271-0||8||1271, 1291, 1311, 1331, 1351, 1371, 1431, 1451nm||-|
|GS5108-1271-E||8||1271, 1291, 1311, 1331, 1351, 1371, 1431, 1451nm||Extension Port 1471nm|
|Devices with 8 Channels, Basis 1471nm|
|GS5108-1471-0||8||1471, 1491, 1511, 1531, 1551, 1571, 1591, 1611nm||-|
|GS5108-1471-E||8||1471, 1491, 1511, 1531, 1551, 1571, 1591, 1611nm||Extension Port 1271nm|
|Devices with 16 Channels, Basis 1271nm|
|GS5116-1271-0||16||1271, 1291, 1311, 1331, 1351, 1371, 1431, 1451, 1471, 1491, 1511, 1531, 1551, 1571, 1591, 1611nm||-|